Model studies of the Vistula River
The objective of the model studies was developing the concept of obtaining, at this section of the Vistula, a depth of at least 2 m with medium-low water (SN) and minimum class IV of navigability.
For the preparation of data, it is necessary to develop:
- physical and numerical modeling of selected water stages – study of erosion processes;
- numerical modeling of the entire lower section of the Vistula River for the proposed variants of the Lower Vistula cascade.
SCOPE OF SERVICES:
- Development of concepts providing: minimum class IV navigability, flood protection, provision of winter flood protection, provision of safety of the Wloclawek barrage.
- Performance of (physical and numerical) model tests of the operation of barrages with high and low damming;
- Development of assumptions for the construction of barrages on the Lower Vistula;
- Development of concept of the recommended solution;
- Performing technical, financial, environmental and multi-criteria analysis;
- Information materials;
- Photographic documentation;
- Conference summarizing the project implementation.
Analysis of the adaptation of the Vistula River on the section from Włocławek to the the Gulf of Gdańsk to the large and small cascade – model studies
The State Water Holding Polish Waters - Regional Water Management Authority in Gdańsk
To carry out research on a physical model of a high-grade stage, a section of the Vistula river was selected in km 704.38 - 711.38 with the location of the barrage in Siarzewo at km 706.38. A section of the Vistula river at km 854 - 861 (Nowe) was selected for research on the physical model of the low-fall grade. As a model of the bypass channel, the route running along the right bank of the river was selected - for the location of the Siarzewo barrage.
2017 - 2018